Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 5: Celebrate Amore


Fierce Dolan

Cate: Yay, Fierce Dolan is here to help us Celebrate Amore. Fierce, please tell us a little bit about yourself.
Fierce: Thanks Cate! It’s great to be part of your festivities! I’m an author of erotica, no particular genre, just lots of characters exploring how they relate to sensuality and lust in unusual and challenging ways.

Cate: What do you love most about Valentine’s Day?
Fierce: The best thing about Valentine's Day is it brings out peoples’ best attributes, for the most part. How bad can a holiday that inspires love be? Even people who aren’t partnered or aren’t feeling so great think of love on Valentine’s Day.

Cate: So true! Do you have a favorite Valentine’s Day memory?
Fierce: I think my favorite Valentine’s memory was the year my lover gave me a can of sweetened condensed milk. It’s nice to know when someone is that tuned into you, to give you the treat you’d never allow yourself, otherwise.

Cate: Do you have any romantic Valentine’s Day traditions?
Fierce: No, we don’t celebrate it anymore, mostly out of a need to carry that passion throughout the whole year. I know it’s not very trendy not to celebrate Valentine’s Day, but there you go. I guess our tradition now is not to celebrate it!

Cate: I love your idea to carry the feeling all year. Much better than just one day! Tell us about your latest release, and where readers can find it online.
Fierce: Traveler Through Darkness from Decadent Publishing’s The Edge series is a story about expressing forbidden desires and how doing so changes us.

Cate: Care to share a blurb or excerpt?
On Traveler Through Darkness
A lifetime of want collides with fate the night of Tarik’s bachelor party, fulfilling his deepest secret desire—only it’s not with the strippers his Arab friends hired to cater to his every whim. Uncomfortable with the debauched festivities, Tarik ducks out of the soirée, stumbling into Wo, a kind Navajo artist, who forces him to say what he really wants, then gives it to him, all night.
From Traveler Through Darkness
“I am so sorry–” Tarik began.
“It’s okay. It was an accident.” The words were rushed as he pulled the soaked sweatshirt from his skin and fanned the dripping tablet. Black smudges coated the fingertips and heel of his left hand.
“I've ruined your work,” Tarik lamented, motioning toward the pad.
“Oh, no. It's just a sketch. I was fascinated with the moonlight on the harbor.” He flashed a charcoal rendering of the midnight water. A long, shimmering black strand fell forward of the band securing his hair, lighting just at the edge of his upturned mouth. “No masterpiece here.”
Piercing umber eyes met Tarik’s, and the gentle smile relaxed his shoulders. “You were in the ballroom earlier.”
“Mmm. The bachelor party.”
Tarik pursed his lips, nodding once. “I’m staying in the hotel. Allow me to get for you a clean shirt.”
“It’s fine. I don’t have far to go.”
“In this cold, with no jacket, you will freeze. Please. I insist—”
“What's your name?” the younger man asked.
“I am Tarik.” He bowed.
“I'm Wo.” He nodded. “Thank you for your kind offer, Tarik.”
~*~*~*~
Enjoy Traveler Through Darkness along with the Reader’s Guide.

Cate: What inspired you to write about the theme?
Fierce: My goal for this piece was to present someone coming from a very traditionally steeped Eastern viewpoint allowing himself to experience forbidden desires. Specifically, I wanted this awakening to occur partnered with someone of a western background, though not a personality overcultured by social expectations. Essentially, I wanted Wo to be western, but on the fringe, himself. In that light, bringing together a Muslim Arabic man and a Navajo man inspires a subtle but powerful catharsis.

Thematically, Traveler Through Darkness is a story about expressing forbidden desires and how doing so changes us.

Cate: Love that theme. :) Anything else you’d like to share?
Fierce: I like to present unlikely romantic leads, whether that is a character who is intergendered or from an ethnic group lesser represented in erotica.  I also like to write stories where edges meet, sexualities, lifestyles, lovestyles, gender... I like life in the blur.

Cate: Very cool. You guys can find out more about Fierce at her website: http://www.fiercedolan.com/
Fierce has a giveaway - woot! :) Be sure to leave your email address!
Fierce: Readers 18+, comment to tell me about your most unlikely romantic hero, and a lucky winner will get a free ebook of Traveler Through Darkness!

Cate: Happy Valentine's, Fierce - all year. :)